Monday, April 9, 2012

Getting Started

Soooooo, this is my very first blog! I can't tell you how excited I am to finally get the guts/time to start this!
I am very new to the baking world, which has really inspired me to start this blog of sharing my learning experiences with you. I guess I have only been baking for a little over a year now. Crazy. I'm not the type to brag too much ;) but I have really come a long way for this little Arkansas girl. 


I am interested in hearing from you! Any advice, comments, feedback, etc. is greatly appreciated! Don't forget, this is a learning ADVENTURE for me as well! 




I am a believer in DIY crafts and projects, so don't be surprised if I "accidentally" throw in some photographs of my other artsy attempts ;) My friends call me "SQUIRREL." I am easily sidetracked!

A little about this blog:
  • I'll try to share some of my favorite basic cake/cupcake recipes
  • A little fondant tutorial
  • "Best Icing Ever" (super easy)
  • How I stack tiers for a cake
  • Random photos of completed work
  • And anything else I can throw in there to help you beginners :) 

Remember, I'm not a professional. I am a beginner. I will continue to post as I complete "orders" (mostly favors for friends) and would love your criticism! Here are some photos to get you started :) HAPPY BAKING!


Sugar Cookie Cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream
topped with white chocolate decorations.
This was for a baby shower.
Vanilla Cupcakes filled with Nutella and/or Banana Pudding
topped with a Banana Buttercream frosting
and other banana-like things ;)
This was for my nephew's 1st "monkeying around" birthday party
These were to die for! All from scratch Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes
topped with Vanilla Buttercream in assorted spring colors.
This was for a friend's house warming party.
That's me in the glasses, along with my best baking bud Lyndsey :)

Christmas Cupcakes

I can't remember what these were for ;)


This was my sister's wedding cake. It was AWFUL! Bless her heart in trusting me with my first wedding cake! She had guts! 




Happy Easter Cake! 
My friend Lyndsey and I did this a little while ago.It was a lot of fun!
Another of one of my first projects.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Well, I've babbled enough...for now! I have more photos just for fun and to give you an idea of what I have tried over the last year. Some are great, while others aren't. 


ON THE WAY:
This week I will have finished a baby shower cake for a little girl and a 3-4 tier cake wedding cake...To Be Continued!

6 comments:

  1. I'm moving to Arkansas this summer to start a position at UALR - I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this, and if you can drop any hints as to good places to get supplies or ingredients, I'll be keen to learn!

    My own adventures are on domesticatedprofessor.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually graduated from UALR! Mind me asking what you will be teaching? I am very excited about YOUR blog! Lots of yummy recipes! Thanks so much for your post. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Walmart are my favorite places to buy my supplies ;) fat daddios (a website) is great prices on pan sets and whatnot.

      Delete
  2. You told me this was your true passion! I am a believer. So......feel free to ship anything you would like taste-tested! The pics look great and I am sure the real-deal is awesome!

    Oh, be sure to put the unusual pics of your creations on the blog. It will make me think of you. :)

    A new Food Network Star in the making? Dream high!!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have to send me your address! Thanks so much for checking out and approving my blog! I suppose being unusual is a good thing ;) coming from an unusual fellow yourself! Keep in touch Alabama!

      Delete
  3. I'm so proud of you sis!!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete